Choose three of the following questions to respond to on your blog. You MUST respond to the first question. (Worth 15 Points)
1. Do you consider Miss Peregrine's a terror or horror story considering the brutal murder in the opening chapters? What about the pictures? Give an example.
2. ¨Jacob comments that he had come to “accept that [his] life would be ordinary when extraordinary things began to happen.” Jacob had never wanted an ordinary life and, as a result, he was blessed to see his grandfather murdered before his eyes. Did you expect the murder? What did you think about the gory death scene? If the grandfather’s death helps Jacob life become extraordinary and better, was it worth seeing him die?
3. ¨In one scene, Ricky and Jacob are driving towards the grandfather’s house and Jacob yells, “’ Right at the flamingo orgy! Left at the multiethnic roof Santas! Straight past the pissing cherubs!” The imagery of the book is littered with jaw-dropping, picturesque scenery and dialogue. What do you think? OPEN YOUR BOOK AND GIVE ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF GOOD IMAGERY.
4. ¨We learn that Grandpa Portman’s monsters could be metaphorical. He grew up in Poland and was the only member of his family to not escape Poland before the Holocaust. Is the Grandpa just dealing with PTSD or is he actually seeing the monsters? Did Jacob actually see a monster or was it just a hallucination?
5. ¨Jacob comments that the children’s enchanted-island home must’ve “seemed like a paradise compared to the horrors of mainland Europe.” How did imagination help Grandpa Portman deal with reality? Is having an imagination worthwhile today or not? Does society want you to have an imagination? Explain.
Three-time Spartan Beast. Utah Jazz fan. Cougar. Aggie. Pioneer. Orangeman. Colt. Teacher. Auror. Dunedain. Earthbender. Jedi. Hero of the Lance. Guardian of the Galaxy